Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bumble Bee (The Day I Scarred My Child For Life)

Today we worked on B is for Bee. We drew some paths to the beehive, and traced a big letter B. Then we crafted a Bee from a plastic Easter egg, felt and pipe cleaners. The Punk DID help me with this craft, it was just hard to hold the camera and the egg...


Then we sang the Bumble Bee song that we learned at the library Story Time when the Punk was just a baby.
Bumble Bee, Bumble Bee
Landing on my Nose
Bumble Bee, Bumble Bee
Now he's on my Toes
On my Arm
On my Leg
On my Elbows
Bumble Bee, Bumble Bee
He lands and then he goes...
Bzzzzzzz!

Then I sang "Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee".
And that is the exact moment I broke my son's heart. In my version of the song (I have since learned there are kinder ones out there) the baby bee gets squashed. It's not pretty, but I used to think it was funny. It brought the Punk to tears. He thought the song was "Beary mean and wrude to dat poor wittle Bee."

We all kissed and made up. And now I feel rotten and will forever dislike the mean kid in the Baby Bumble Bee song.

No comments:

Post a Comment